General Guidelines for the Trek
- We believe in leaving the mountains in a better condition, which is why we follow a no-litter policy on our treks. Each trekker will have to bring back the waste that is created during the trek.
- Trekking is best enjoyed when you’ve worn comfortable clothes. Try and avoid wearing Jeans, bright colours and heavy apparels as much as possible.
- A lighter backpack always helps you have a better trek, try and carry just as much as needed.
- Always be in sight of your trek lead, if you feel the need to stop for any reason at all, please keep the trek lead informed.
- If you do come across any reptiles, animals or even insects during the trek, please keep your calm and let it patiently pass by. Any kind of noise and panic will scare them as well.
- Do not venture out into the forest/waterfalls on your own as it may be dangerous.
- Trekking is a good adventure, having said that, it is our primary responsibility to take good care of ourselves and be compassionate towards fellow trekkers
- If, at any point, during the trek, you feel uneasy or unwell, please inform the trek lead immediately
- Tune in to the sounds of nature while on a trek and avoid carrying speakers or playing music during the course of the trek
- To help you enjoy the trek to the fullest, we avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol, and other intoxicants during the course of the trek
- Decision of the trek leader will be final and all trekkers must adhere to that.
Our Outdoor ethics and Simple rules:
- Consumption of alcohol, intoxicants and smoking would not be tolerated during the entire course of the journey and the trek. Kindly co-operate with us to make the experience more fun.
- Do not expect any luxuries on the trip. The locations that we host are at remote places and we do our best to arrange the basic facilities. The goal is to be outdoors.
- The Food that shall be provided will be Basic Veg Food. We do not serve Non-Veg Food.
- Put Litter in its place, do not trash your travel.
- Travaura shall not be responsible for any of your belongings, valuables, jewellery, Cameras etc. Kindly do take care.
- In the case of traffic delays or breakdowns, expect a little delay in reaching the destination.
- Transportation arrangements will be based on the size of the Group.
Trekking comes with its own set of risks. While adventure is fun and can be extremely thrilling, nature can be unpredictable, and to help secure you during your trek, it is of utmost importance that you are covered with insurance. We’ve gone a step ahead and made sure that you don’t have to worry about scouting for the best insurance option out there. When you trek with us, your insurance comes as a part of your Exclusion. So its Individual Choicer to Choose the Insurance, You can Contact Eco Trails For the further Assistance.
Important things to carry for Western Ghats Treks:
- Xerox Copy of your Aadhar/Voter ID or any other valid govt ID (Mandatorily required for permits) NOTE: Pan card is not acceptable
- Rucksack/suitcase to carry your personal things
- Small day bag of 20/30 Liters.
- Good Hiking shoes/Sports Shoe (Make sure you wear good shoes with a great grip) + 2 pairs of socks
- Comfortable Clothes to wear during the Trek i.e Sports wear/Aesthetic wear, Kindly avoid the Jeans and Casual wears during the Trek.
- Sandals to wear in Homestay
- Toiletries, Towels, Spare clothes and other Toiletry items.
- Water Bottles – 2 litters (Compulsory) –We Condemn the use of plastic/non-reusable items inside our eco trails.
- Cap/Hat and Sunglasses, Sunscreen (SPF 50+ is Recommended)
- Snacks, Energy Bars, Fruits and Dry Fruits in limited quantity. (Transferred /Wrapped in paper bags)
- Junk foods are not allowed during the event, makes sure to bring Homemade Foods.
- 2 lunch boxes for Lunch & breakfast.
- Poncho or Raincoat (During Monsoon Season)
- Waterproof Backpack cover to protect from Rain ( During Monsoon)
- Waterproof socks if required
- Waterproof Mobile cover ( During Monsoon)
- Anti Leech Socks If Required During the Monsoon Season
- Cold Protective Clothing- Jackets or Sweaters/Fleece.
- Portable Chargers for your Electronics( Extra Power banks)
- Camera or Action Camera if required.
- Mosquito repellent Cream/Spray.
- Personal Medication Kit, (Trail Co Ordinator will carry the necessary first aid kit)
Our Usual Pickup Points:
Bangalore Pickup Points:
- Udupi Grand Hotel, Teachers Colony, HSR Layout
- House Of Licious,Domlur
- KTM Mekhri Circle
- Halimane Resturant Yeshvanthpura
- Gorguntepalya – Near KLE College
Tumkur Pickup Points:
- Please select your preferred pickup point from the drop-down list while booking
- Any change in Pick up locations/ timings would be updated via mail 24 hours before the start of the trip
- Drop-off points shall be same as the pick-up points
- Trekkers are advised to be in Pickup Points Before 15 Min of Mentioned Time.